Information about the dampen word/phrase
- Definitions and crossword clues:
- lessen in force or effect
- "soften a shock"
- "break a fall"
- keep in check (a fire)
- make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible
- "muffle the message"
- reduce the amplitude (of oscillations or waves)
We have 16 definitions for this word show all
dampen correct varieties:
- Word dampen is composed of 6 characters.
- Contains 2 vowels and 4 consonants
- Word dampen is not a palindome.
- After reversing it is: nepmad
- Scrabble™ score: D2 A1 M2 P2 E1 N1 - overall 9 points.
Checksums and encryptionshow
- HEX: (UTF-8)
- 64 61 6d 70 65 6e
- Morse alphabet:
- — • • | • - | — — | • — — • | • | — • |
The following codes are used for comparing the words to each other. The words of similar pronunciation will have the same key.
By rearranging the letters in dampen you can create a lot of new words